Monday, August 31, 2009

It sure is quiet here...

I woke up today after a good nights sleep. Just knowing Keaton is in a safe place has been a blessing and feels like a brick has been lifted off our shoulders. I wonder what she must have thought when her eyes opened and saw the beautiful and calm surroundings at Bromley Brook School? I'm sure her anger at us quickly replaced any interest in her new surroundings. Keaton's phone keeps ringing and her friends are just finding out she has gone. Rain called to see where she was and asked if she was gone? I said, "Yes" I am sure the news has travelled like wildfire between the friends. Cell phones, Facebook and Myspace are hard to keep things quiet. We knew it would get out and I am hoping that the other kids will sit up and take notice that smoking, doing drugs, having sex, drinking and getting into trouble with the police and hanging out all night is only going to get them into trouble. If we can save our child from hurting herself and keep her safe then it will be well worth the anguish we are going through having our daughter removed from our lives. I hope she sees that we just want her safe and she was definitely was not choosing safe paths. I wish I could be a little fly on the wall...to see her face meeting new friends and coming to terms with WHY? she was sent away. Tim and I went on the parent website for Bromley Brook School and found it very interesting. I mad reservations at Manchester View for October 15,16,17 for parents weekend at Bromley Brook. I can't wait to see what Tim thinks about Bromley Brook.

1 comment:

  1. I saw in the newspaper that the police has removed what little fun the girls have at the facility.

    And all that drama just because a 17 year old girl was not allowed into the activities two other girls enjoyed.

    It is just shame. I hope that you will visit your daughter so she can survive her exile now where the school has no extra-curricular activities.

    ReplyDelete